Kenya Meteorological Society (KMS) is a professional Association that promotes the Science of Meteorology and its applications in the relevant socio-economic sectors for sustainable development.
In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of enhancing the science of meteorology and its applications, the Society is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the post of Scientific Officer (Intern).
Duties will include:
- General Management of the KMS Office;
- Acting on routine correspondence on KMS matters, as well as ensuring that follow up actions are taken appropriately;
- Management and update of the KMS website;
- Support the KMS Journal and Bulletin team;
- Preparation of the schedule of activities of KMS in consultation with the KMS Secretary;
- Preparation, in consultation with relevant committees, for Meetings, Seminars, Workshops, Forums, Conferences and Symposia organized by the Society;
- Reporting to the KMS Secretary any pertinent issues regarding the operations of the KMS Secretariat;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chairman or Secretary of the Society.
Successful applicants must have the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology;
- Training / competency in Information Communication and Technology (ICT);
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Working experience in a busy office will be an added advantage.
How to apply: Send copies of your application, your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the relevant certificates as a single document
All Correspondences to be addressed to The Chair, Kenya Meteorological Society
Upload Your CV using the form below